Google Maps chokes on null character “typerror: a is null”

I cut and paste some google maps code from, but it didn’t work.

After hours of work, comparing it to known good code, whittling it
down to find the error, and using od, I finally found the problem: the bad script had a null character (ASCII value 0) in it, just afer a semicolon and just before a newline.

I looked at the source of the google document and the null character was there too. I’ve alerted google to the error.

This entry was posted in Programming. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *